Thursday, October 11, 2007

ZZzzzZzzzzzzzzzzz

Today Felicia only accompanied me until noon. Terus waktu dokter anaknya dateng, katanya Felicia agak kuning, jadi mesti disinar. Apparently, this condition is very common, and almost always most newborn required this treatment. They will complete the treatment tomorrow noon, then I can bring her home with me...

At first, i really, really, hate the idea that she'd be separated from me and that I couldn't hold her anytime I want. And I really felt not rite. But after an hour, I took a nap and slept the entire day!!! I slept and slept and slept...I could barely recall my obgyn's visit. even when I had lunch with Ming, it felt like half dreaming.

Anyway, this afternoon I got my first chance of seeing her among other new borns (I usually always take her to my room). And I have to agree with my parents and in laws, that she IS the most beautiful baby in the room!!! hahahahaha....

But they also said I shouldn't sing praises in front of her!! shouldn't tell her how beautiful she is, how smart, etc. WTF??? I have just had my tummy SLICED open for this angel, my body completely disfigured ( I watched my tummy and even when i hold my breath, it won't move. It's like, there's ABSOLUTELY no muscle left. Already worried if I can have it back as before), carrying her for nine months, but I cannot tell her that she's beautiful.

No wonder girls often has low self-esteemed (me included). I told my mum I really, really cannot see their point. And I WILL tell my daughter that she's beautiful, smart, and well loved by her parents.

Anyway, the effect of the wonder-drug started to wear off, rite now I can begin feeling the stitches, especially when I wake up from my bed, get up from sitting position, laughing...it doesn't hurt that much really, but it's there, and it's annoying, and it's ... well, creepy...My mum saw the stitches, and she said it's done wonderfully. I guess it means it won't leave an ugly mark.

Right now it's 7pm, and I'm alone again in the room with Ming. In a way, it's really great to have time just the two of us. We can pay undivided attention to each other and somehow I got to appreciate these moments more...

As I typed this, I don't think I have my full sense back. Sometimes I still feel like i can just close my eyes and sleep for another 15 hours straight.

Oh well...I can't wait for tomorrow ...

4 comments:

The Diva said...

First of all, hmm... jaundice (kuning) itu wajar kok Vi... cuma kurang sinar matahari (ultraviolet) aja. pertama2 gini disinar dulu di RS, nanti kalo udah bawa pulang rumah, kamu bawa jalan2 pagi (makane bayi dibawa jalan pagi) kan sudah sehat, sinar matahari pagi kan bagus.



YESSS PLEASE; tell her that she's lovely, that she's beautiful the way she is, that she's smart, she's the source of her parents' pride, and all the truth in the world there is!!!

Tell her how much you love her, tell her how much she means to you, tell her that she is the best thing ever happened to her mommy and her daddy, tell her all the things she needs to hear, from now on, on the very first day she sees the world until the day you are no longer able to tell her all those things!!!


Do not spoil her with all the compliments, of course, but OH GOD a girl needs to hear the facts, the reality and all those things from her parents, needs to know that her mommy and daddy are there to support her... be it she's fat, chubby, or whatever!


I know what you mean when you say girls have low self-esteem, low self-confidence. Look at me, 25 years old, and (supposedly) smart and able to do things MORE than I believe I could do.... even my BOSSES said that I am totally lacking of self-esteem, totally in need of more self-confidence boost, and I am not as stupid as I always believe I am.

Oh and I still believe I am the ugliest, fattest girl ever existing, mind you!!!


Just because my parents told me all those things... I grew up the way I am right now. No regrets, I still love them for sure, but I also know that I want something different for my kids.


I have to tell you I am SO GLAD that we share the same perspective, the same opinions here.


Anyway, gotta get back to work now, but I have been waiting for your writings today, I think I have opened this blog 100 times before I finally jumped to see this one! Hehehehhehehe *so much for effective working day!*

Enjoy your night with Ming, treasure every single second adoring Felicia... I cannot wait for the second I can hold her too!!!

Han said...

Oh gosh you guys are going to spoiled the child! Knowing the parents this baby will grow up to be a genius. :)She will know her qualities on her own. Just try to keep up! :D

vini said...

for those who lack of self confidence, allow this "over-self esteem" woman to speak. we are all created special, be it fat, ugly, stupid, retard, or tanned like me (as ppl always said that i am item in indonesia). after all, we are all created by God, according to His image. so whoever DARE to say bad things about you, they will deal with God directly. its like saying to Leonardo Da Vinci that he cant draw, or to Einsten that he cant calculate, or to Monica that she is dirty, or to me that im ugly. got that????!!!!!!

who would say those things you think???? stupid ppl no? i would feel sorry for those who look down on God`s creation.

imoet said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ngakak aku baca komennya Vini. Oh well, it's like saying that i'm tall? :p

Bilang sepuas2nya kalo dia cantik. Because She is, isn't she? :). Ley her grow with the thought that her mother praises her and proud of her