Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A good sleep

is increasingly difficult to get lately.

And last night was the most horrible of all.  I went to bed at around 8 pm, exhausted from work.  I slept with major headache and have my pillows propped up high.  Thing is, when you're nine months pregnant, it's almost impossible to sleep with low pillow.  It's just too difficult to breathe.

In fact, i got so big now that even if I lay on my side immediately, I'm still having problem breathing.  I have to put the pillows up first and then after about couple of hours, i can lower the pillows.  Yup, there's a trick of arranging the pillow just so you can breathe...can you believe that??

anyway, unfortunately i fell asleep almost immediately and only woke up five hours later, around 1 am.  Then, not only my head was still throbbing, my neck was killing me.  

On top of it all, my baby seems to find a trampoline inside my tummy.  She's very active and jumpy inside and sometimes it actually hurts.  I really, really, really wanted to cry.

I had lots of things to do at work this morning, so there's no way I could skip work.  But I couldn't sleep with all the pains, and I couldn't take any medicine to ease them.  

For the first time, I thought, perhaps since I'm having a cesarean, I should re-schedule it earlier than the original date (which is less than three weeks away).  After all, according to Sheila's dad my baby is actually big enough to be born on October 9th! two weeks earlier than due date and like...less than one week away!.  

I love my baby, but somehow i think being pregnant has nothing to do with your baby (doesn't make any sense huh?)  It's like, you have no control over your body, who keeps on expanding, swelling, and hurting, and boy it is heavy!!!  

I felt no better in the morning, but a glass of warm water with couple spoonfulls of honey eases the headache a bit.  

I went home earlier hoping to get some rest while waiting for the guy who installed my new washing machine did his job.  But it was not meant to be...from our vet who came to check on one of my poms, delivery from pharmacy, things to get for the washing machine (since somehow something didn't fit), there's always something that keeps me awake.

Now it's 4:35 pm.  I'm really exhausted, sleepy, and hungry again.  But the guy hadn't finished.  He had to buy some other part and will return shortly to complete the installations.  

In a way, life does get much complicated once you got married.  before, it was my dad who did all these (and I wondered why he sometimes complained).  Now, it's me, since Ming couldn't possibly go home from work to take care of these small details.

Anyway...never mind that.

Tomorrow noon I'll be going to my obgyn for weekly check up, and afterwards I'm going with my friends.  I need a break.

1 comment:

The Diva said...

hmmm was it that hard to bear a baby in your tummy? your story kinda freaks me out, you know... hhhh. perhaps I need to get a surrogate mother or something, hehhehehe.


ehhh so your little daughter is not only big, she's also jumpy huh? man, that girl is going to grow up kicking people's asses, hehehehe.