Sunday, October 28, 2007

which reminds me...

To thank Sheila's dad, dr. Indra Kusuma, for his wonderful supports ....

here's what happened that I don't think even Sheila knows...

It was 7 October 2007, and I was still an emotional wreck, couldn't decide to give birth on 9 October or 20th October. My obgyn told me that the baby was ready, and Dr. Indra also told me the same. He even predicted that the earliest would be 9 October.

Anyway, he then said something to Ming and I that kinda seal the deal.

He said, Vi, you're in a good condition, physically. Your baby is also fine, more than 3Kg (around 3.3 he said). You can of course wait until 20th. But no one knows what could happen between now and then. You can have early contraction while you're doctor is away. Even - no bad meaning - you can get sick, your condition can drop.

Let's say you have dengue fever, that could be dangerous, you can't have operation because it'll cause significant danger for you and your baby.

For some, this may sound very extreme, but I have to say, I thank God Ming took the advice, I really believe it saves both our lives, since I start having the fever on 19 October...

3 comments:

The Diva said...

Wow, hell I didn't know about this either. I haven't talked much to my parents since they were away to Shanghai last week *when you gave birth* and this week I was quite busy.


Gosh... look at what you could have missed...
Sometimes, you just don't know that life could sneak up on you the way you would have never expected, huh?

I guess it's Carpe Diem at its best sense... you just gotta decide and seize the chance while you can, cos any wee tiny decision you take might affect the bigger picture in the future. Creepy..


Btw, I tried to call you just now, but perhaps it was too late already, 11:30 pm Indonesian time, I was hoping you were still awake *I tried Ming's cell as well, sorry, I hope I didn't wake him up*

I'll try again tomorrow.

Miss you...

Lord Steiner said...

Heyas,

I did get the call at around 11:30pm but I was playing computer at the time. The screen said "Unknown" and I thought it might be some overseas customers so I turned it off immediately and continued playing, mwahahaha

vini said...

life is about choices....hhhh...