Friday, February 1, 2008

Finally....Updates

So this has been the longest time I have not updated any thing...mostly because there is not much happening actually.

Well, okay, not completely true. Two major things happened since the last time I blogged. First, around December, I start losing my hair. It was horrible.

Like when you saw a movie in which the character has cancer or something, and she combed her hair and major amounts of hair falling, well, it happens exactly like that. not that much at first, but after a week, my hair's pretty much getting much fewer than before.

I asked around and they immediately guessed that it happens around the first time Felicia starts to dribble and play around with her spits and all; it turns out that it pretty much happens to most moms during the first year after they gave birth.

I tried everything. hair tonic, avoiding hair dryer, excessive combing, whatever. None works.

So a couple of weeks ago, in addition to this disturbing condition, I suddenly threw up and have major tummy ache. I was so distressed about the whole thing that finally I just told my maid to cut my hair. Yup, I had my hair cut by my maid using paper scissors.

I think she did okay, really. Though my mum in law (and most of my colleagues) think I'm nuts. Who cares, probably I am.

I didn't come to work on the following Monday, still feeling woozy from the throwing up drama, so I just stayed at home and watching Felicia while her nanny did the laundry.

And this was when the second major things happened. Felicia turned on her side as she usually does, but this time, as if this unseen hand urged and helped her, she took a little step further, turning just a lil bit further....and suddenly I realize what was about to happen...I screamed for my nanny to come, but meanwhile, with a final nudge....Felicia managed to turn over on her tummy by herself!!!! at 3.5 months!!

What a smart and considerate girl that she waited until her mummy was at home to show off her recent accomplishment.

Now, she can hold her head herself, though still bit unstable, loves to dribble, always try to turn over (though you can't force her too, when I try to nudge her to her side, when she doesn't feel like it, then she'll hold her head and simply refuses to move); a couple of nights ago, while sleeping, she suddenly turn over on her tummy again and continue to sleep!! will post the pic later on (on her first successfull effort to turn over)

Oh, and she no longer cries when she wants something. No siree. I suspect she thinks crying is for a one-month baby. Nope. She didn't cry. Instead, She yells. She screams her lungs out. She's filing a complaint with this baby talk that no one understands.

Case study: She's tired chatting with her grandma, so her facial expression changes, her baby talk changes from slow and normal volume to unnecessarily loud. Then she saw her nanny carrying "selendang", she stopped yelling. She waited. waited. and waited. Yet the nanny didn't lift her and hold her with the selendang. Instead she just looked at her. Well that's pretty annoying. So she immediately screamed and kicked and yelled in such a way that you just know that she demanded her nanny to lift her and hold her with the selendang....

I agree.

Pure Genius.

2 comments:

The Diva said...

Ahahahahahaha she IS a pure genious!!!
I want to see the picssss!!!!

Aaaaaaaahhh cant believe she is no longer an innocent helpless 1 month infant!!! How long has it been since I saw and held her last time???

Maybe now she'll yell and scream kicking hands and feet cos "gendonganku nggak enak!" hahaha.

Vivi said...

well, I think it's only one month since the last time you saw her. and yes, definately she will kick and scream if "gendongan[mu] gak enak!"

She certainly does that to us: kalo mau bobok, lebih suka gendonganku. kalo mau jalan-jalan en liat ikan dikolam, suka gendongannya ko ming ming