Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine!!

Today is the fourth Valentine I have with Ming, but it is the FIRST time we celebrate it.

Well, I have to add that since yesterday was the day Ming returned from a week long trip abroad, we did have an impromptu "early" celebration.  If you know what I mean.

But, Ming has, or at least, had, always been somewhat an opponent of Valentine's Day.  As a matter of fact 14 February 2006, our first Valentine when we're still dating, was the only day when we did not go out to eat/watch movie/ window shopping (yup, while we're dating, we went out EVERY single day until 19 May 2006, when I was not supposed to meet him until 21 May 2006 when we got married).  

In fact, we spent that day watching Star Wars III (pirated CD, of course) from a laptop in my house, while at the same time listening to his many complaints on the commercialized, overrated, Valentine's Day.

I didn't mind, am not an over the top romantic myself, and we did go out so much that it was actually a relieve just staying home then.

And last year, Ming was abroad during Valentine.  I forgot what we did in 2007.

Anyway, so this morning when I woke up, he just said, "Happy Valentine!" and I said the same to him, thinking that was it.  And probably a nice dinner later on.

I took a shower and got ready... looked up in my wardrobe for a shirt, and then look down to find a matching skirt, and I thought, hm...that's weird...how come my skirts was pushed to the left side?  and then, I saw it.

A very pretty flower pot with heart-shaped chocolates at the bottom and a nice stuffed animal next to it...

and the first thing, THE VERY FIRST THING that came to my mind was.... "Who's having a new baby?  Who's sending the first-month-new-baby-celebration-package to me and more importantly, what the fu$% is it doing in my wardrobe??  and what were those maids thinking, placing an edible package here?  Are they so unbelievably...."

Oh.

OH (loud Gasp)

Then I heard Ming from our bedroom next door, "HAPPY VALENTINE!!"

I ran and jumped on our bed like a silly sixteen year old girl and hugged him and kissed him and just lying next to him, curled on the crook of his arm for the next five minutes.  Smiling giddily and feeling....content.  

Fine.  I got teary-eyed too.  There, i admitted it.  Am a girl after all, and this is certainly a heart-warming surprise.  

Of course, Ming tried to say his annoying joke, but I cut him off and said, "You will not ruin this perfect moment for me!" and returned next to him blissfully.  He didn't say a word after that.  He didn't need to.  He just hugged me.  

Until he told me, "Honey, I can't feel my arm"

hihihihihi....I know I have to get up then....

We arrived in the office pretty late.  

Neither of us care.

Can't stop smiling since....

4 comments:

imoet said...

So sweet!!!!
Happy Valentine, Vivi

Lord Steiner said...

Happy Valentine everyone! thanks to Valentine!

Vivi said...

Excuse me Diva,

But isn't it YOU who always go to details and me who's always covering both my ears and screaming to blot out the unwanted descriptions?????

and all I said is impromptu early celebration, which could very well mean he gave me a massage!!

except he didn't.

Lord Steiner said...

Yes, I did not give her a massage, I made her an Italian soda instead (Soda water + syrup + ice cubes), which is very good after you just had strenuous repeated physical movements, BWAHAHAHA