Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 4: Guilty Pleasure

I admitted, I love chick-lit; not all (I can't bring myself to read Twilight series), but if I saw the collections in my bookshelf, I really think I'm almost blushing: I have books by Julia Quinn awesome, funny, and witty historical romance), Lisa Kleypas' e-books, a bunch of Harlequins, Marian Keyes, Sheila O' Flanagan, and of course, the first chick-lit ever: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

I tried other genre such as Military books (One Bullet Away), travel books (Bill Bryson is my favorite), Stephen Colbert's book, and other thing, but I always find myself somehow stranded in the chick-lit/romance aisle every time I visited a book store.

So I wasn't so sure what to do on Day 4 when Ming suggested a trip to a book store here in Surabaya, Gramedia in Basuki Rahmat, I know exactly what to do on Day 4.

To be fair, I don't know if this includes in Chick-lit, but a friend of mine suggested it and it seems fun:


Wicked Lovely is the first novel in a series about a world where fairies and mortals intermingle. The story introduces Aislinn, a teen who can see the faeries around her, but who has been taught all her life to pretendnot to see them. She is struggling to cope with the faeries when Keenan, the faery Summer King, enters her life and takes away her mortality, asking her to become the Summer Queen and defeat his mother, the Winter Queen. If she refuses, Winter will take over and kill all the summer faeries and mortals alike. However, Aislinn has no desire to become part of the faerie world, and is already in love with her best friend, Seth. In the end, she cannot avoid becoming the Summer Queen, and reigns alongside Keenan over the creatures she once feared. Upon defeating the Winter Queen, Aislinn brings peace to the world of fey. She also sticks with her best friend and new lover, Seth.
(Wikipedia)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A cigarette (include the Cheap Newport Cigarettes) is a specific product

made from finely cut and cured tobacco leaves combined with a number of additives (in some cigarettes the number can reach a hundred) and rolled into a paper-wrapped cylinder.

Smoking and smoking cigarettes in particular is a kind of tradition or ritual that appeared in the ancient times. According to the statistics, about 34 percent of people in the

world are smokers, so millions and millions of cigarettes are sold these days ? at convenience stores, supermarkets, gas stations and online. However, as the heavy taxes on

cigarettes and tobacco, many smokers even can't afford to buy Newport Cigarettes

for their everyday life.

ray ban wayfarer said...

westbrook jersey
kevin durant jersey
Serge Ibaka Jersey
http://www.oklahomathundershop.us/
but on the other hand I have met with signal kindness at the hands of those engaged in literary pursuits, and of such kindnesses I can recall no more striking example than this act