Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 2: Bali Garden Bliss by Martha Tilaar


I had this:


Here:


Hotel Majapahit Surabaya (2006 - present)
formerly Mandarin Oriental Hotel Majapahit (1996 - 2006)
formerly Majapahit Hotel (1945 - 1996)
formerly LMS Hotel (1945 - 1969)
formerly Yamato Hotel (1942 - 1945)
formerly Oranje Hotel (1910 - 1942)

I have always loved the historical hotel that is also one of the most important landmarks not only for the city but also for the nation (it's mentioned in the History text books!). As a matter of fact, I love it so much that when I was growing up, I dreamed one day I would get married here.

Alas, I had never been consulted on the venue, decoration, menu, and the planning of my own wedding and the party was held somewhere else ( to be fair, I have to mention that since I did not spend a single dime for the wedding, I couldn't really complain).

So it is only natural that when I was making plan to make this year's Holiday-At-Home events, I include this hotel in one of the most anticipated itinerary : Spa Day!

The hotel's spa is run by Martha Tilaar, a household name for any traditional beauty-skin treatments/products. I called ahead and was told that a room would be available at 3 pm. The hotel is less than five minutes away from my home, which is even better.

I picked the Bali Garden Bliss package, a two and half hour of total relaxation I hadn't had in quite some time.

The room was spacious, with a bath tub, a shower, wardrobe, sink, and a massage table in the middle. The decoration is typical Indonesian, with wooden furniture and natural stone for the bathing area. It was dimly lit with lulling music in the background and soft scent from the lit aromatherapy; I went in and wanted to sleep already.

It started out...awkward, with the therapist washed my feet with scented water. After the aromatic body scrub, I took a short shower and had a ginger tea. Then proceed with sauna (in a sauna box...I know, it seemed unavoidable here), and my favorite part...the massage. Boy I hadn't had a massage in more than a month and this one couldn't come at better time. I drifted off to sleep only to wake up in the middle when the therapist asked me to turn.

The body mask was a bit too cold for my taste, but the steaming hot towel wipe afterward definitely made it all feel much, much better. Afterwards, she left me for the final treatment, the herbal bath. The water was just right, hot enough that you can feel it prickling through your aching joint, but not scalding. love it. exquisite.

I stayed in the tub until the water was lukewarm, took a shower, then called Ming to pick me up. Just as I finished paying and went to the lobby, Ming's already arrived.

The entire package cost me.... USD45 for TWO and A HALF HOURS! Have I told you that I love this country?

I promise myself I'd be back for my birthday next month for another spa package: CHOCOLATE & ROSE

hhhh... it almost makes me looking forward for my 29th birthday....










3 comments:

Vivi said...

I think I'm going to have cream bath tomorrow :))

vini said...

why did the hotel change names so many times?

ray ban wayfarer said...

westbrook jersey
kevin durant jersey
Serge Ibaka Jersey
http://www.oklahomathundershop.us/
Well, I took his advice. From a tiny note on the first page of the manuscript it would seem that I began to rewrite “Dawn” or “Angela,” as it was then called, on May 15, 1883, and finished the last of the four hundred and ninety-three foolscap sheets on September 5th of the same year.