Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Felicia, at 14 Months and 2 weeks...


Felicia now can walk without any assitance...as a matter of fact, she often refused any assistance (I'll try to post pictures of her refusing us holding her hand, but it's difficult as it's not always the case...).  In the past few weeks, she has shifted from crawling a lot / prefer to crawl, to walk a lot.  and I mean A LOT.  

Unfortunately, Felicia is also currently at the stage when she loves to...hit other kids...hhhh... 

I was worried at first that bigger kids would bully her, but apparently it's the other way around...her MO would be she'd spy on other kids (sometimes grown up too), watching them intently, then walking (a bit unsteadily sometimes) at them, watching intently again....then SMACK!!!  She'd hit them!  

Last Saturday we took her to Gramedia Book Store, and the first (and only successful attempt that night) victim is a girl around 2 years old who's held by her father.  At first Felicia showed innocent interest, so her nanny brought her closer, attempting to introduce her to the girl.  The girl extended her hand on encouragement from her dad, and Felicia accepted the proposed handshake excitedly....then, without further ado...SMACK!!! she hit her square on her chest!!!!!

I apologized profusely to the dad and dragged Felicia away...

She spotted other kids and always went after them, but we know better now and we let her get close but out of reach...

Then on Sunday we took her to Tunjungan Plaza, and while waiting for the food to arrive in DOME cafe, I brought her to GAP Kids store, and with the  merry Christmas songs playing, my daughter started to dance!  She'd lift her hands and moved her lil body!! too bad I didn't bring any camera...

After the meal (during which she eyed the couple next to us so intently that they could not help smiling and the guy attempted to impress the girl by being friendly to Felicia -- cute but a bit embarrasing for me...), we took her for a haircut..

I met my highschool's friend Mega and her son, and her son saw my daughter cried and he started crying too...At first Felicia didn't cry, she was curious with the mini-car in Kiddy Cuts, but once she felt her hair cut, she's starting to cry, I tried to make her feel better by holding her...but it just didn't work.  10 minutes and Rp. 85,000.00 later, we left the place ( I later on found out that the cut wasn't even and I had to fix it myself...but not too bad...).

Then we took her to Sogo on Children clothes and Toys floor to cheer her up....that's when she met another victim...we thought what happened on Saturday was isolate incident, but boy we're wrong...

This girl (around 2 -3 years old) was standing next to Felicia, interested at what Felicia's playing (a mini Keyboard), when Felicia approached her and suddenly her left hand pinching the girl and her right hand (to the girl's and my terror), pulled her tank top down!!!!  The girl looked terrified and stared at me pleadingly...  

Again, I apologized to her (though I doubted she understood me) and her nanny...Thank GOD her mom's not around!!!

After that, we took her for a bit grocery shopping, and nearing the end of it, she suddenly hold her tummy and said, "Ek!"....usually, this is a sign that she wants to poop...so we're quite nervous and speed everything up, but we still have to wait for the credit card transaction to be completed and when she became impatient, she started to yell "EK!!!"...

We rushed out of the place, but on the way home, she started to cry...I offered her some drinks but she refused, pointing instead at her pacifier...so I gave it to her and she fell asleep immediately....!!  

She didn't poop though, I suspect she just want to go home because she's tired and saying Ek! is the only way she can draw our attention ... but Ming disagreed...

On Monday, when my mom asked her, "Felicia, mana potong rambutnya?"  She would point at her new hairdo!  what a smart lil girl! She also said new words such as "Addoohh!!" (copying Ming), "Apa seh?"  (I don't know if she really understands the meaning of it's just a random baby talk, though).   She also called Ming's nanny as "Nenek!"

She understands instruction such as "Felicia, Melet nya mana?" One of her grandmoms taught her that, "Felicia, ayo main mata!" and she'd blink her eyes couple of times....

If I asked her, "Felicia, Mbak Dina yang mana?"  She'd point out my new maid Dina, but she only recognized the other maid as "Mbak".

Anyway, yesterday Felicia and Ming and I spent a good hour playing with her...we got her a lot of colorful plastic balls that she loved to throw, but afterwards, she's also cooperating well when I encourage her to put the them back...

We're still looking for the right school for her...one of my friend suggested Baby Smile near our house...I guess we have to check it soon...

1 comment:

The Diva said...

so so, she's growing up eh??
and you took her to that expensive hair salon? ;-D
(good luck meeting OUR old and glamorous friend there!)

I can't see the pictures, I don't know why...

Martin said that your daughter is showing all the good characteristics of a pure good German! He loved the idea of Felicia hitting other kids and was reading this post intently ;-)))