Monday, May 19, 2008

Redecorating fever...The Vivi's room...

To begin with, the new look of this room is really not something new, I've done it I think last February, but haven't got the chance to show it off...hahahhaa....

At first, it slightly bothers me that this room had been empty since I first moved in. Then when Felicia was about to be born, I moved all my books from the study room (which was about to be converted to the nursery's room), put all of them in boxes (around 10 boxes, Ming's books and magazines included), placed them in this "Pavillion Room" (as my parents in law call it - this used to be their house until they moved out and let Ming and I lives here. No worries, they moved to a much bigger and better place).

And left it empty, abandoned, and dusty, for almost a year. At one time, our cockatoo, Honda, used it as his room also, isn't it horrible?

So, trying to make this place more like home, while also making a dream come true of having my own library, AND planning to one day make it as the new study room for Felicia, or, even perhaps as Sheila's mum suggested, as Felicia's younger brother's room (no worry, no bun in the oven. yet.), and just looking for something else to think about, to savor, to look forward to, something that says, me, vivi, or whatever, ....

Anyways, with all of the above as considerations,

and making excuses that I do deserve to have some fun, paying more attention to my hobby (reading), and that reasoning that I won't use even a tenth of my savings, I one day head off to Ace Hardware/Index Furniture stores (in the absence of the mighty IKEA here), and bought some stuffs.

Anyway, without further ado, here it is, my soon-to-be-more-than-comfortable room,

I love these details, three brightly colored glasses. I found it a nice contrast against the plenty-of-wood tone of the room, and gave it a playful curiosity against so many books that otherwise might seems so bland and boring (even for me!). And the two red boxes at the bottom shelf. I thought it was a great idea (mine, by the way...hehehe..so sombong, eh?) to used a, well, used engagement's boxes give away. Again, the contrast is lovely, and it would be useful to keep Felicia's stuffs later on, including her books (She got five already!)

The cute picture of Venice is a gift from Ming for my new room. He bought it as a surprise when he was waiting for me shopping for the furnitures. He could be so sweet sometimes! or when he wants to. or when he at least tries a bit. anyways, no complaints! There is also a replica of the St. Paul's ruin we bought in Macau, and an Arabian tea kettle from Dubai.
We bought also a replica of Vietnamese rickshaw from Saigon, and some other items from Korea, but we don't display it here.

And for this one...well...I've always loved crystals (hh....am I boring or what??) so I bought this table just for the purpose of it. You'd find a pair of Tiffany's crystal wine glasses that we only used for actually drinking wine on New Year's eve ever since we got married. There's my favourite wedding gift from one of my customers, the Swarovsky' signature lotus candle holder, and a Swarovsky photo frame, and to tie them all, a Bohemian crystal vase.

And if you did read it carefully, which I'd totally understand if you don't coz this post is even so boring for me who wrote it, I said before it's a soon-to-be-more-than-comfortable room. And the reason is this chair. This one and only chair in the room:
hhhh...I know, it is so out of place huh?

Actually, I planned to buy another chair, a lazy-joe kind of chair, Joey's and Chandler's chair. But that one chair costs more than the entire furnitures!! and honestly, I haven't found the budget yet.

Maybe in couple of months.

Along with the beautiful paintings I've seen , more (framed) pictures of our family, some plants, a carpet, and maybe a new paint for the walls? what do you think about...red? oh, of course, a reading lamp.

anyway, only THEN, the new Pavillion Room / The Vivi's Room will only be complete...

anyone wants to donate some fund??

2 comments:

The Diva said...

I love the room.
HOW COME the big engagement picture is still there????
I can't believe you haven't hung it yet!!!!

I think the rack looks nice. Looks almost IKEA-ish, though.

I've been doing re-decorating myself, but I'll post new stuffs and pictures once my sofa is here.
(am ordering a new sofa, as the last, ultimate re-decorating climax, hahahahaha)

Re-decorating is fun!!
You get to buy lots of stuffs, pay attention to details, but then again... spend lots of bucks, huhhhh...

vini said...

any volunteer for apartment decoration next year? i just gave the furniture company our budget and asked them to give me choices of itmes (not too many, im not a big fan of choices, got lost easily thats why), and just leave the interior design to them hehehehehehe....