Monday, May 19, 2008

Book Reviews!

Suggested reading of the week: the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.


Is one of the best books I've read in a long time. This is a story about friendship, love, hatred, and about how your earlier childhood experience can be so painful at times that it will always leave marks in your mind and shape you to who you are today.

You will not regret spending some Euro/Yen/Rupiah/Dollars for it, it speaks of pure, unselfish love in a hateful, segregated society, but most of all, it shows you that everyone makes mistakes and yet has second chance. But they have to earn it and pay the price nonetheless.



Book-that-I-regret-buying this week: The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler.

Apparently, just because I read Pride and Prejudice (simply because it inspired the Bridgent Jones' Diary), it doesn't mean that I know Jane Austen that much to appreciate this particular book.

Much of it doesn't make any sense at all to me. The "Very Funny" quotation from Daily Telegraph in the cover is deceiving. I didn't even so much as smile during the painful-to-read 250 pages books.

2 comments:

The Diva said...

if it was so painful, why did you read the whole 250 pages anyway??

I would have stopped on page 30,hihihi.

Vivi said...

because, I'm a natural OPTIMIST sheila!! I keep hoping that the best is yet to come!.

Or, I might just be in denial, having spent HKD102 for a lousy book.