Thursday, August 26, 2010

Something Positive for Good Measure

The last time Felicia hit me, I was trying to kiss her when she was watching movie.  She didn't like it, wriggled out of my hands, and hit me.  So I came to her and told her to apologize.  

I was standing in front of her, and I can imagine from a three years old point of view, I could be a very imposing and intimidating figure.  I hold both her hands in mine, like I always do before I hit her hands. She put on the blank face mask, the poker face: not showing the slightest emotion - no fear, no regrets.
 
I was about to scold her, but then I just didn't.  Instead, I kneel in front of her, smiled, and touched her cheek gently, like I always do before I kissed her. Then I asked her why she hit me.  Her face lit up, she smiled and hugged me, and said sorry twice.   
 
My daughter teaches me new things about being a mom everyday.
 
I love her.

5 comments:

imoet said...

love this one :-)
I guess I learned something too

The Diva said...

Hehe I loved this one too. Mommy doesn't have to be scary to be respected n loved by their kids...

Lord Steiner said...

but she is scary!

Vivi said...

SHUT UP STEINER!

raybanwayfareroutlet said...

ray ban wayfarer are welcomed in this summer.

ray bans sunglasses are fashion styles, will be hot sell

new ray ban wayfarers 2012 are the newest of 2132 ,2140

ray ban wayfarers 2140 are hot sell

ray bans wayfarer is wholesale price in wholesale price.