Saturday, October 18, 2008

oUCH!

I fell down last Sunday, during Felicia's third celebration.  Worse, I was carrying Felicia at the time.

We were in Gramedia Expo parking lot in the basement.  We brought a lot of thing with us.  My handbag, Felicia's bag, Ming's camera, Felicia's bike (she refuses to get on the stroller, so we use bike everywhere).  So I told Ming to carry all the stuffs while I carried Felicia.

Then just as I was about to move my left leg, something blocking it.  You know the small block of concrete that was always marking each parking spot?  Well, because I was holding Felicia, I could not see it.  

Anyway, What happened next was something ... extraordinary...

Within seconds, everything seems like in a slow motion.  My free right hand could not grab anything to hold on to, so I knew I was definately about to fall.  The only thing I was thinking of that moment was, "Don't let her go, don't let her go, don't let her go".... As a matter of fact, I was focusing SO hard on NOT letting Felicia fell, that without realizing it, I did something that now I know I couldn't possibly have done.

Anyway, so my right leg got stuck, my left leg is falling so fast, my right hand stretched out exactly 90 degree out for balance, my left hand is holding on to Felicia.  And then I hit the floor.  To be exact, my left knee-cap hit the floor square.  My whole body weight, (and that's a lot..hahahaha) PLUS Felicia's are being sustained by my left knee cap.  

I heard a resounding "Thud!!", and then thinking, "thank GOD I didn't drop her".  Throughout the whole thing, Felicia didn't even blink.  She's just looking at me, not realizing what has just happened.  While I was falling, I could hear Ming Ming keep saying, "Oh my God oh my God oh my God, Vivi!  You poor thing, are you okay?!"

He came right at me afterwards, and I was still in that position, that professional gymnastic's perfect landing position, and I can only manage to say very calmly, "Please take the kid. take her now."  He dropped everything (don't worry, he managed to place his very expensive camera on top of the trunk first), then sweep Felicia off in his arms.  

Then, with all the pains came flooding with a vengeance, I finally let go and screamed "OH MY GODDDD, THAT HURTSSS!!!!!!" 

After I was up on both my legs (my left one was still trembling), Ming of course, immediately said, "Honey, no acrobats while holding the baby please.  You should pay attention more to your surrounding, I mean, it's a concrete! can't you see it?!"  I was embarrased, my left knee cap felt like it was about to explode, and I wanted to cry.

To this day, I am still amazed at how I managed to get on that position to prevent Felicia from falling.  I tried to copy the position again, and I couldn't!! even with both my hands holding on to something.  There's no way I could have done that, but yet I SO did!!

Plus, now I know that Ming, deep, deep deep down inside, is a very sweet and considerate man.  I couldn't forget his voice when I was falling, he sounded sincerely concerned, worried, and very loving.  As a matter of fact, that was probably the only time I've heard him say something with that loving voice.  

Sure shortly after, he's acting like a know-it-all-he-bitch by telling me I should have been more carefull, et cetera et cetera.  Sure, last night he pissed me off by refusing to let me use OUR computer for just few moments after he's been using it for hours.

But the point is, I know that deep, deep, way deep down inside, he's  a sweet guy.

hhhh....well, the main point I was about to say is: I fell.  No Worry, didn't drop the baby.  and against all odds, Ming was being so kind and considerate.

3 comments:

Vivi said...

Okay, would like to point out as follows:

1. You did say, "Aduh aduh aduh aduh Vi...kamu nggak papa tah?"

2. For OUR salary range, US$1,000 for a camera IS expensive

The last two times when you tried to set up the internet connection from the laptop, it had FAILED. And this happened after you stop using the Huawei device.

So yeah, practically, it has NEVER worked after you use the new connection.

See what I mean with DEEP DEEP DEEP INSIDE and "acting like a know-it-all-he-bitch" ????!!!!

cici said...

............................

The Diva said...

hahaha ...

*cant comment more than a laughter*