Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Seoul is ....Expensive!!!

I actually have arrived from Seoul last Monday, but only did get the chance to write today. No photos as usual. Not because there isn't any, but because am not sure when I can make Ming to finally sit down and post it here.

Anyways, on our first day in Seoul, we took a walk across the Coex to go to the Bong Eun temple, only to find that it's so cold that my legs went all dried and had an unnatural white stocking-like shade! I suppose it's never good to venture outside to a windy and chilly temperature of 10C in 3/4 pants and short sleeves with only thin cardigans.

We went to have our first meal in the restaurant right next to the temple and found nasty surprise number two: it's damn expensive!! a meal for two cost us 50,000 won! that's roughly Rp. 500,000!!!

The next four days we spent at the events was quite good actually, the food are good though only lil less expensive. Breakfast of McDonalds, lunch and dinner normally cost around 90,000 won for three (we have to cover our interpreter's lunch, and how can i not buy the drinks as well?) I learned to avoid having galbi if I want to save some money (though unknowingly, i have shamelessly requested Galbi when Jun Sung asked what I want for dinner in the first day...)

The show was promising, we found what we're looking for, met some contacts we're trying to get, and in overall, it's safe to say that it wasn't a waste of time.

I met my brothers, Jun Sung and Ted. I had great time with them, just catching up, telling old stories, missing our days in Vancouver, agreeing that life, despite our happier circumstances in our personal lives (Jun Sung with his family and 20 months young daughter Jane, me and my Mink and my Felicia, Ted and his 2 years girlfriend), it S.U.C.K.S hehehehee....

Well... I suppose that's it.

I can't use computer for long now, Ming's demanding to use it for his daily gaming sessions, my coworkers from HK office are coming soon and I haven't taken a shower, so i'd better be off anyway.

Oh, tomorrow, I'm off to Saigon, wish me luck there!

2 comments:

vini said...

never have meals in tourist areas. they will charge more than what its worth. you deserve kalbi!!! dont worry :)

be careful in vietnam. dont forget to eat pho.

The Diva said...

Galbi itu apa????

hmmm.... I've been expecting stories and photos, but I guess I'll have to wait.

Setuju, life S.U.C.K.S despite whatever it is, hahahahahaha...