Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 1

So yesterday I managed to pass one day at work without "blowing out"....I don't know if it's the cold medicine I took that made me feel half asleep the entire day and thus mellowed or else.

At night, I did get upset with Felicia when she head-butt me, but it's within reasons and I think I handled it well, getting my point across that it is not acceptable to joke so roughly like that.  The punishment was standard: getting her hand rapped and no reading-time for the night.  But we did spend time doing something else.

Just before she's asleep, I gave her some massage and she asked me to read for her.  I reminded her of the punishment because she's being naughty and she asked me, "Where?"  I was confused and so didn't answer at first until she said again, "Where? in the living room earlier? ooohhh, yeah" then she told me to continue giving her massage...pointed at her waist, her legs and said, "Mom, I'm so tired, give me massage here...then here..." 

So I think we're good.

Today is Day 2...let's see how it goes...

No comments: