Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Taste of Snots...

My husband and daughter were sick yesterday...Ming is having stomache flu and Felicia is having runny nose and a bit of cough since Sunday.

Anyway, by yesterday afternoon, her runny nose was definately NOT getting better, and she refuses any attempts from us to clean her nose.  She'd shook her head and said "Emoh, moh!"  and the more we insisted on doing it, the more frustrated she got and finally she'd cried....

This is her first time having runny nose, and I just didn't have the heart to see her nose all so dirty and the discharges almost reached her lips.  But still, she'd say, "Moh!" 

So my nanny told me that I should try to suck the snot from her nostril.  (We bought the tool to have the snots removed, but it just didn't work and Felicia was so angry everytime we tried it on her..)

At first I said no of course.  I'd prefer to wait for my mom and ask her to do it.  

But then I don't know when my mom is coming, and when I looked at her, I felt SO SO baddd......she's looking at me with that adorable eyes, smiling with her runny nose...

So I decided to do it.  Her nanny holding her tight, she's screaming and trying to get away, and I tried NOT to look at the fact that her snots are everywhere...and I did it.  

The first and second attempt I failed.  I didn't know exactly what to do.  But the third attempt was a success.  I can feel the snots was quite a lot when I spat it.  and once we let go Felicia, she immediately stopped crying, and it was obvious that she felt a lot better, since her nose is dried for the first time in 48 hours.

She's smiling and I thought, wow.  I AM a mom!  I mean, I may not give birth naturally, but I just suck my baby's snots!! It was a happy ending after all! and It's not in vain!!!

Then I ran to my bathroom and threw up.

8 comments:

Lord Steiner said...

Yay! what a good sucker....

Vivi said...

And you STEINER!!

You should NEVER had Abon, let alone Fried SPAM when you had stomache Flu like that!!

cici said...

4 thumbs up for you, sis...but still...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW...............

Lord Steiner said...

Spam is the only true cure-all medicine, long live spam! /bow

vini said...

lo vi, when you suck the snots, cant you just suck half through the pipe and blow it out? do you have to suck up to your mouth? thats a big EWWW....i havent done it yet. i hope i will never have to do it though.

Vivi said...

yup. all. the. way...

The Diva said...

YUCKKKKKKKKK.

I first didn't quite understand the whole story and the whole idea of what you did, until I read the comments all the way and Vini mentioned about sucking it with your mouth!!!!
At first I thought there's this tool like a small vaccuum cleaner that sucks the snots just like that, perhaps using a battery or so, hahahahahaha... or maybe like a pipe or whatever.. I don't know I'm not a mom!!!

But then I realized what you did, EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....
I don't think I can ever do that, but then again, I'm not a mom.

*sigh*
Mom's sacrifice.....
but still, EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....

Vivi said...

Hei Diva!!

Where the hell have you been??